11.09.2009

pruning.


Jesus speaking here:

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

We've all heard this passage. and we know it. and i can definitely say that these past few months/year has been a pruning period for me. I don't feel like i've had much fruit. I feel like it's just one thing after another. more and more and more lessons to learn. more character flaws to address and uproot and prune. This has definitely been an interesting transition moving back to fresno. It's not quite going how i thought it would, although I am definitely loving where I'm at don't get me wrong. it's just......different than i expected.

but BOY AM I THANKFUL. even through all these lessons, He still chooses to reveal Himself so powerfully to me. I am constantly learning more about Him. relying on Him. trusting Him. LOVING Him. i'm learning what it means to abide and it's so much more than i ever realized.

such great lessons. thanks everyone for walking through a pruning season with me. I know that in due time, after the rain, fruit will come for His glory. it's a promise!

this is all for now. it feels good writing again. baby steps. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good to have you back :)

Anonymous said...

i love this. LOVE!